Monday, June 23, 2008

The dreaded training schedule

Ha! Me? Following a training schedule? Sheesh! We'll see just how well I follow this thing - for a beginner runner it looks pretty brutal. You can see the schedule in the blog list to the left. It doesn't officially start until next Monday, so this week I'm going to try to put in some decent miles as preparation. Now that I have a schedule done up, all I have to do is force myself out of bed in the morning...which is most definitely the hardest part!

As a side note, I really want to sell my Garmin Forerunner 50 on e-bay and buy a 205 instead. The Garmin I have now doesn't calculate distance or current pace, and those features sure would be nifty to have for this silly schedule. I don't know if I'm allowed to run on the local school's track, so how else would I be able to measure 800m distances? Plus, my Garmin has a heart rate monitor and I've found I haven't really been using it - it either falls down or is too tight and hurts my chest - so really all my Garmin is is an overpriced stopwatch! Hmm..but the 205 looks so BIG and bulky...Oh, the decisions!

No comments: